Since a young girl, I have had a deep connection with horses. Riding for the first time at the age of four and taking lessons starting at the age of six. My life has been immersed in horses and I would not have it any other way. Today marks the Chinese New Year, the year of the wood horse. Here are 5 tips to help guide you through the year of the horse with ease and grace.
1) Be Heroic: Horses are full of heroism and valor. Step into your bravery this year and go for it! Find a sense of fearlessness and have the courage to do the things you have been holding yourself back from.
2) Find Strength: The strongest part of a horse is their neck. It’s how they jump and find balance. They can also easily step into the role of a leader if chosen to do so. Find confidence in your throat chakra – speak your truth. Where can you step into the leader in your life?
3) Fly: Horses are associated with fire and action and often move on impulse. Take a leap and fly this year. Try not to overthink things. Listen deep down to what your soul needs and follow that.
4) Connect: Horses do not like to be alone. They enjoy the company of other horses. Use this year to mingle and meet new people. Be outgoing and approachable.
5) Freedom: Find passion in your opportunity for freedom. Let go of the ties that bind you to anything holding you down.
SOUL Action: What is one trait that you can bring into your life today? Where can you be more heroic, strong, free or connected? Leave a comment below committing to this SOUL action.
If you feel deeply connected to horses I highly encourage you to take a Cowgirl Yoga retreat with Big Sky Yoga Retreats. I have had the privilege to go their twice. Each time was magical and inspiring. There is nothing greater than connection to nature, horses and yoga.
I discovered that the horse is life itself, a metaphor but also an example of life’s mystery and unpredictability, of life’s generosity and beauty, a worthy object of repeated and ever changing contemplation.